Planning for your family’s future after you’re gone is a really important legal task which many people put off for another day!
Get your Wills sorted and save your family, not only stress, but money in what will undoubtedly be a difficult time for them.
Our Will and Estate planning Lawyers can help:
- Advise you in regard to estate and Probate laws
- Write a Will that maximises the inheritance for your family
- Set up family and testamentary trusts
- Advise you in regard to choosing executors and guardians
- Minimise the chance that your Will is contested and subject to litigation
- Advise in regard to estate tax (including capital gains) and financial concerns
- Safely store your Will and other important legal documents
At the same time as considering your Will, we strongly recommend that you also put in place plans for any future incapacity through Power of Attorney and Guardianship documents. This will ensure that if you somehow become unable to make decisions about your finances, your medical treatment or living arrangements then the person or persons who you trust to make these decisions, can do so unhindered. Refer to our website page “Powers of Attorney” for more information.
HOW MUCH DOES A WILL COST AND WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- $400 plus GST for a single Will
- $375 plus GST each for a couples’ Will
For complex Wills, we offer 20 minutes free consultation. A complex Will comprises some of the following:
- Blended families
- Your assets are valuable enough that estate taxes will apply
- You wish to establish a special needs trust for a child with a disability
- You want to set up a trust so that your children receive a certain sum of money at a particular age
- You expect to accumulate more assets
- You have a previous spouse
- You want to create a joint Will with your spouse
- You own a business
Contact us either in our Melbourne CBD or Moonee Ponds Office, to discuss and draft you Will. Our experienced lawyers will provide an easy and straightforward process and put your mind at ease.